Pierre Pascal MERISIER Pasko
Pasko was born in Petion Ville, Haiti on June 29th, 1974.
Pasko’s manner of working distinguishes him from the traditional Haitian art often described as “naïve”, despite a strong affinity for his roots.
He has studied art in Haiti and was awarded a scholarship by the French government to study engraving. Since 1996, he regularly exhibits his works in Haiti and abroad.
In his works we still find the mythological beasts of Haitian naivism, yet he uses them to create a picture of greater brutality, quality that is characteristic of his expression.
In Pasko’s art, traditional elements from the conceptual world of voodoo are blended together with central features and ideas of contemporary art. He makes use of found materials, including packaging from his own earlier works, creating from them something new that breaks with the traditional and elevates the mythological to visual art – yet an art that is often magical in its own right.
- 2018 : « Magie norie. Killy and Pasko », collective exhibition, Institut Français, Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
- 2008 : « Pasko, Lhérisson, Killy, Cinéus », collective exhibition, Galerie Monnin, Petion-Ville, Haiti.
- 2006 : « Accrochage d’été », collective exhibition, The Gallery AT6, Carcassonne, France
- 2005 : 5ème Jeux de la Francophonie, collective exhibition, Niamey, Niger
- 2005 : « Feux croisés », collective exhibition, Galerie Jérôme, Pétion-Ville, Haïti
- 2005 : 28ème anniversaire de la Galerie Marassa, collective exhibition, Pétion-Ville, Haïti
- 2005 : « absolut galery », collective exhibition, Sainte Augustine, Floride, USA
- 2004 : « KAFOU, 4 artistes », collective exhibition, Institut Français d’Haïti
- 2004 : “Oeuvres sur papier”, one man show, Galerie Jerome, Haiti
- 2003 : « Etter Columbus.com », collective exhibition, kunsternernes Hus, Oslo, Norvège
- 2002 : « Et j’irais comme un cheval fou », collective exhibition, Galerie Monnin, Pétion-Ville, Haïti
- 2002 : « Bizango1 », One man show, Fondation Africa America, Haiti
- 2001 : « Aportaciones Cultural Africano », collective exhibition, Centre Culturel Espagnol, Saint-Domingue, Dominicain Republic.
- 2001 : « Noir et Blanc », collective exhibition, Fondation Africamerica
- 2000: « Inter-nos », mural in Santiago de Cuba.
- 1999 : « Trio des eaux », collective exhibition, Galerie Marassa, Pétion-Ville, Haïti
- 1998 : « Au bonheur des formes », collective exhibition, Galerie Marassa
- 1998 : Illustration de texte de Anthony Phelps, collective exhibition, Galerie Marassa
- 1996 : « Lobby Art », Banque Mondiale, collective exhibition, Pétion-Ville, Haït
- 1996 : « 2ème Festival St Soleil », collective exhibition, Soisson-la-Montagne, Haïti